2023 Zooville Server Rate Increases & Future Initiatives.

ZTHorse

Retiree
Staff member
We wished to thank everyone who's continued to support zoovilles operations. This announcement is always to provide transparency towards the zoo community about the operations of the forum and related services we are very happy to provide. Zooville is a non-profit run forum for the benefit of all zoophiles worldwide.

As the financial/social chair of the moderation team, it is my duty to inform that due to inflation and the rising costs of electricity, the operation of zooville, beast.chat and the zoophilia.wiki will be more expensive this coming year 2023.

The yearly cost of operation was $2400 USD per year for the three services, and now that is being raised to $3000 per year.

On the donation page, the mod team agreed to mark 9/7/2020 as the placeholder for donations directly from users. This $4992 has been un-touched since that placeholder was set.

Zooville and its related sites have been operating from capital gains, investment, and limited ad-revenue for coming upon 3 years. Under my financial management, I've invested and grew the initial donor monies without incurring any risk to them and operated these 3 years without additional burdens upon the philanthropists or the users. I've always believed in easing the financial burden upon the zoo community as much as possible.

Hence the current balance sheets as of December 7th. (Subject to change due to volatility)

$2528 In BCH
$308 In BTC
$2375 In USD.

Total balance of $5211.

$3000 will be paid soon for the next 2023 year operation costs leaves a balance of $2211 remaining. At those balances, We can operate up to May 2024 assuming no changes in crypto prices or other factors we've been facing like DDOS attacks or server failure.

As for future initiatives or projects, we have agreed to not take on anymore with the possible outlook of future rate increases in 2023. We will only continue to operate Zooville.org, Beast.chat and the zoophilia.wiki. If you wish to donate to support the zoo community and these resources, you can click HERE.

This should summarize the current state of zoovilles operational costs.

Thanks for the update! Just wanted to ask, I don't know if it's been addressed elsewhere, but what's been going on with the DDOS attacks lately? I don't suppose it's known who was doing it? Have the attacks stopped?

Thanks for the update! Just wanted to ask, I don't know if it's been addressed elsewhere, but what's been going on with the DDOS attacks lately? I don't suppose it's known who was doing it? Have the attacks stopped?
Its randomized. Perhaps whenever they buy resources to ddos the main page. However it never spreads beyound that i believe due to the restricted nature of guest accounts.

Still more resource usage, more server, more cost and more funding needed.

*sighs* All the self-righteous, petty children that delude themselves that in attacking 'evil' websites need a serious 'correction'. My experience has been that individually it's young males that didn't have their little butts blistered as children for errant behaviors. As adults I have a solution that has a high probability of success and deterrence. Due to it's nature I won't mention it here as it's likely some (many) would be taken aghast by it...

We wished to thank everyone who's continued to support zoovilles operations. This announcement is always to provide transparency towards the zoo community about the operations of the forum and related services we are very happy to provide. Zooville is a non-profit run forum for the benefit of all zoophiles worldwide.

As the financial/social chair of the moderation team, it is my duty to inform that due to inflation and the rising costs of electricity, the operation of zooville, beast.chat and the zoophilia.wiki will be more expensive this coming year 2023.

The yearly cost of operation was $2400 USD per year for the three services, and now that is being raised to $3000 per year.

On the donation page, the mod team agreed to mark 9/7/2020 as the placeholder for donations directly from users. This $4992 has been un-touched since that placeholder was set.

Zooville and its related sites have been operating from capital gains, investment, and limited ad-revenue for coming upon 3 years. Under my financial management, I've invested and grew the initial donor monies without incurring any risk to them and operated these 3 years without additional burdens upon the philanthropists or the users. I've always believed in easing the financial burden upon the zoo community as much as possible.

Hence the current balance sheets as of December 7th. (Subject to change due to volatility)

$2528 In BCH
$308 In BTC
$2375 In USD.

Total balance of $5211.

$3000 will be paid soon for the next 2023 year operation costs leaves a balance of $2211 remaining. At those balances, We can operate up to May 2024 assuming no changes in crypto prices or other factors we've been facing like DDOS attacks or server failure.

As for future initiatives or projects, we have agreed to not take on anymore with the possible outlook of future rate increases in 2023. We will only continue to operate Zooville.org, Beast.chat and the zoophilia.wiki. If you wish to donate to support the zoo community and these resources, you can click HERE.

Maybe you should consider finding a less expensive hosting provider for the forum to reduce the maintanance costs.

If the owner and/or admins would like, I could send them proposals of such ones if any of them would DM me about it.

Maybe you should consider finding a less expensive hosting provider for the forum to reduce the maintanance costs.

If the owner and/or admins would like, I could send them proposals of such ones if any of them would DM me about it.
Weve considered such already. That isnt much of an option considering this particular forum.

I had sometime ago found some quite cheap hosting providers that are ok with adult content and after doing some research, I had got the results that not in each country are the matters of with is the subject of are regulated and if they are the they aren't very restrictive

I want to donate by credit card. Could you please provide me with the mechanism? I want to donate on a monthly or annual basis and my recent experiences with Bitcoin and Cryptocurrencies have not been satisfactory. I am aware of the privacy and individual protection measures, but I want to maintain the site, as I did with Beastforum. Eternal Thanks...🙏🙌👏

Hearing that Zooville apparently needs money, it is frustrating that some of ZV's money was spent on illustrating that comic not too long ago... I don't think the amount paid to the artist was disclosed.

That's good to hear now.

Thanks for the work that you do. I do appreciate it.
The comic was funded from excess capital and direct donation from several philanthropists. Ive disclosed this many times in previous comments. Its running cost is about 50$ a page from sketching, line art, and full coloring.

ZV is not in direct monetary threat, we have about 1.5 years worth of funding. Thats a very good cushion.

$2528 In BCH
$308 In BTC
$2375 In USD.

Total balance of $5211.

Thank for your invaluable work 🙌
I plan to make a donation asap 🤗

Thanks you for your answer. What will be the total cost for the comic? How is excess capital different from savings (what's keeping the site alive)?
Capital gains from crypto. When crypto is high, we paid our server costs forward for the year and also paid into other projects. The comic is already fully funded from about a year ago, at about 50$ per page.

This way the original 4992$ that was donated was not touched nor risked by paying forward costs with capital gains.

Good to know. How many pages will the comic be in total? It's still being released so I'm not sure what the total pages will be for the entire project to do this: # of pages x $50 = total cost.
I don't want to spoil the comic :)

This must have been why I thought the cost hasn't been disclosed. $50 per page doesn't mean anything without the number of pages.

In my own opinion, if I was a donor I would want all capital gains from my donation to go towards the intended purpose as well. It's the same money - just in the future. The same money the donor would have had by just holding on to that money in an interest bearing or investment account.
Donors did want to fund the comic and the wiki and the chat, hence were created.

I've answered your inquiries and It seems you have a bone to pick. I suggest you keep it off this thread for other actual questions.

Much appreciation for your voluntary efforts and maintenance. There is a lot that keeps a global forum up and running.
Thank you!

Back